Rules for Attending and Participating in Piano Recitals
The following rules ensure the personal integrity expected of every Russian School of Piano student with respect to participation and attendance in the recitals. These rules apply to students and their guests attending the recital.
- Students must stay for the entire recital program. Any unexcused no show, late arrival, or early absence will affect the individual student's good standing eligibility for performing in the next recital.
- Refrain from talking, typing, walking, using mobile phones, notebooks, tablets or any other devices when recital is in progress.
- Make sure that during the recital all mobile phones, pagers, beepers, digital watches, and the like are off since it distracts performers and listeners.
- No food or drinks are allowed during the recital at any time.
- Do not leave your seat in the middle of any performance except for urgent needs. If it is necessary to leave the room, please do it quietly and refrain from distracting others.
- Photo and video recording is permitted if it does not make noise and does not obstruct anyone’s view. Consider arriving early to properly place your camera. Flash photography must be delayed until after the performance.
Proper dress code for performers is mandatory. Abeyance with dress code is obligatory for all students and is subject to their eligibility for participation at the recital.
- For Girls: A dress or blouse with skirt.
- Capris, cropped pants, jeans, flip flops, athletic shoes and shoes with more than 2” heels are not allowed. Blouses must be long enough to cover the midsection when seated. Dresses and skirts must fall to the knees or below when seated at the piano. No jeans or athletic shoes allowed.
- For Boys: A suit and dress shoes or collared shirt and slacks.
- First three rows of the performance hall are reserved for performing students.
- The program of the recital will be circulated on the recital day.
- Seating is available on first come, first serve basis.
- Attendance in the recital is open to anyone subject to availability of the seats.